Sunday, April 15, 2007

I forgot, my bad...

It's come to this...

Alberto Gonzales, amidst "losing" emails with regards to the firing of U.S. attorneys has arrived to have the same defense as Scooter Libby: I gotta shady memory.

Yes, whether forgetting about outing a CIA agent or what exactly led to the firings of some attorneys, the Bush Administration tends to forget the past. I find this Ironic given the fact that Bush keeps saying that history will redeem his "decisions."
...ya know, just like it did for Truman...

The defense is similar to what I used to do in preschool when I got in a spat with another kid. I said with an innocent look, "Whoops, I made a mistake." The thing is, it usually worked. However, banking on that strategy when you are over 13 is less viable.

This Administration has a poor recollection of more important things than these though. From Bush comparing the invasion in Iraq to WWII and the American Revolution (my friend Mark pointed out that the colonists were considered "terrorists") to forgetting that the British and French had already attempted to democratize Iraq in the first part of the 20th century, to no avail.

Bush even thinks the Viet Cong would've given up if it weren't for LBJ and Nixon deciding it was unwinnable. It appears he has the same philosophy for Iraq, we just have to stay there indefinately if we want people who hate us to lay down their arms.

Bush compares the Iraq to the patriots of the revolution fighting for democracy. A similar comparison has been told before.

Ronald Reagan praised the Taliban for their freedom fight against the Soviet Union. At least he could claim to have had Alzheimer's...

No comments: